What are the benefits of real wooden floors?
If you are looking for a flooring option that is durable, beautiful and eco-friendly, you might want to consider real wooden floors. Real wooden floors are made from natural materials that have been harvested from sustainable sources. They offer many advantages over other types of flooring, such as carpet, laminate or vinyl. Here are some of the benefits of real wooden floors:
– They enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home. Real wooden floors have a warm and inviting look that can complement any style of decor. They add character and charm to your rooms, creating a cosy and comfortable atmosphere. They also come in a variety of colours, grains and finishes, so you can choose the one that suits your taste and budget.
– They improve the indoor air quality of your home. Real wooden floors do not trap dust, allergens or pollutants like carpet does. They are easy to clean and maintain, requiring only regular sweeping and occasional mopping. They also do not emit harmful chemicals or volatile organic compounds (VOCs) as some synthetic flooring materials do. This means that they are safer for your health and the environment.
– They increase the value of your home. Real wooden floors are considered a high-end feature that can boost the resale value of your property. They are also durable and long-lasting, meaning that they can withstand wear and tear for decades with proper care. They do not fade, warp or crack as some other flooring options do. They can also be refinished or repaired if needed, restoring their original beauty and extending their lifespan.
– They provide insulation and soundproofing for your home. Real wooden floors have natural insulating properties that can help keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer. They also reduce noise transmission between rooms, creating a quieter and more peaceful environment. They can also be installed over radiant heating systems, enhancing their comfort and efficiency.
As you can see, real wooden floors have many benefits that make them a worthwhile investment for your home. If you are interested in installing real wooden floors in your property, contact us today for a free estimate and consultation. We are a professional and experienced company that specializes in real wooden floor installation and maintenance. We guarantee high-quality workmanship and customer satisfaction.
How long does floor sanding take?
One of the most common questions that homeowners have when they want to refinish their hardwood floors is how long does floor sanding take. Floor sanding is a process that involves removing the top layer of the wood to expose the fresh and smooth surface underneath. Floor sanding can improve the appearance and durability of your floors, as well as increase the value of your home.
The answer to how long does floor sanding take depends on several factors, such as the size and condition of your floors, the type and quality of the equipment you use, and the skill and experience of the person doing the job. However, a general estimate is that floor sanding can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours per room, depending on these variables.
To get a more accurate estimate of how long floor sanding takes for your specific project, you should contact us for a refinishing quote. We can assess your floors and give you a free quote. We can also advise you on how to prepare your floors and your home for the sanding process, such as moving furniture, covering vents, and sealing doors.
How often should wooden floors be sanded?
Floor sanding is a worthwhile investment that can enhance the beauty and longevity of your hardwood floors. However, it is also a complex and messy task that requires proper planning and execution. Therefore, it is recommended that you hire a professional floor refinishing company such as Elite Floors to do the job for you. We can ensure that your floor sanding is done efficiently and safely and that you get the best results possible.
Wooden floors are a beautiful and durable option for any home, but they require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best. One of the most important steps in maintaining wooden floors is sanding, which removes the old finish and exposes the fresh wood underneath. Sanding also evens out the surface, removes scratches and stains, and prepares the floor for a new coat of finish.
But how often should wooden floors be sanded? The answer depends on several factors, such as the type of wood, the quality of the finish, the amount of traffic and wear, and the personal preference of the homeowner. Wooden floors should be sanded every 5 to 7 years, or whenever the finish starts to look dull, worn, or damaged. However, some floors may need to be sanded more or less frequently depending on these factors.
For example, hardwood floors made of dense and durable wood species, such as oak, maple, or walnut, can withstand more wear and tear than softer woods, such as pine or fir. Therefore, hardwood floors may need to be sanded less often than softwood floors. Similarly, floors that have a high-quality finish that protects them from moisture, scratches, and stains may last longer than floors that have a low-quality or thin finish. Additionally, floors that are exposed to high traffic, heavy furniture, pets, or children may need to be sanded more often than floors that are in low-traffic areas or rooms that are rarely used.
Ultimately, the best way to determine how often wooden floors should be sanded is to inspect them regularly and look for signs of wear and damage. Some of the signs that indicate that a floor needs to be sanded include:
– The finish is dull, cloudy, or discoloured
– The finish is peeling, cracking, or flaking
– The finish is sticky or tacky
– The wood is scratched, dented, or gouged
– The wood is stained or discoloured
– The wood is uneven or warped
– The wood is squeaky or creaky
If any of these signs are present, it may be time to sand the floor and apply a new finish. However, before sanding a wooden floor, it is important to consult a professional flooring contractor who can assess the condition of the floor and recommend the best course of action. Sanding a wooden floor is a complex and labour-intensive process that requires specialized equipment and skills. If done incorrectly, sanding can damage the floor beyond repair or create safety hazards.
Can you sand a wooden floor too much?
Yes, you can sand a wooden floor too much. When you sand a floor, you are removing layers of wood. If you sand too much, you will eventually reach the point where the floor is too thin and will no longer be structurally sound. This can lead to the floor sagging, cupping, or even breaking.
The amount of sanding that a floor can withstand depends on the type of wood and the thickness of the wear layer. Hardwoods, such as oak and maple, can typically withstand more sanding than softwoods, such as pine. The wear layer is the top layer of wood that is protected by the finish. A thicker wear layer will allow for more sanding before the floor becomes too thin.
If you are not sure how much to sand your floor, it is always best to err on the side of caution and sand less rather than more. You can always sand more if needed, but you cannot add wood back to a floor that has been sanded too thin.
Can I stay in my house while the wooden floors are refinished?
Yes, you can usually stay in your house while your wooden floors are refinished. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
The sanding process can be noisy, so you may want to wear earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones.
There will be dust in the air, so you may want to cover furniture and other surfaces with drop cloths.
The floor will be wet during the finishing process, so you will need to be careful not to track water through the house.
The floor will need to dry completely before you can walk on it, so you may need to find other places to sleep and eat for a few days.
Free Wooden Floor Sanding Quote
If you are interested in having your wooden floors sanded or refinished then give us a call today. We can give advice or a quote for your floorboards.